What To Do After a Car Accident
Morris County Car Accident Lawyer
If you are involved in an auto accident, try to remain calm. It can happen to even experienced drivers. You can get through this with help from a Morris County personal injury attorney at The Law Offices of Christopher G. Porreca, P.C.
Start with this checklist to figure out what to do immediately after the collision:
- Get medical attention - after impact, look around the car to see if you or any passengers are injured
- Take pictures or video of the scene - keep a disposable camera in your glove compartment or use your cell phone or a digital camera
- Exchange information with other drivers - come away with their names, phone numbers, insurance information and driver's license numbers
- Get the names and phone numbers of all witnesses - everybody saw something, and the more we know, the stronger your claim
- Notify your insurance company - relate only what happened and remember not to sign anything
- Call the right lawyer - retain the representation of a lawyer who is experienced in personal injury settlements
Recording the Details of the Accident
It's hard to remember all the details of a car accident, especially when it happens so quickly. Write down the details as soon as you can after the car accident.
When you are planning what to do, it can be helpful to create a timeline or map of the accident, including:
- Exact location of the accident
- Road conditions, including precipitation or construction
- Time of day
- Season of the year
- First responders
Not Sure What to Do Next? Call Attorney Christopher G. Porreca!
Injuries may not be immediately apparent after a minor accident. That's why it's important to contact us as soon as you can. We can bring in accident reconstruction experts to investigate the scene while it is still fresh. They can track down witnesses and talk to them before details fade. There is a 2-year statute of limitation on personal injury claims, so it is better to be safe than sorry.
If the injuries you sustained in the car accident don't get better, contact me, Attorney Christopher G. Porreca, at my New Jersey office. I know what to do to get you the money you deserve.
My Clients Have a Story and a VoiceSee What They Are Saying About Me
“Mr. Porreca went above and beyond to help me resolve my situation.”- Megan
“Mr. Porreca will be the first person I contact if anyone I know needs legal advice or representation.”- N.M.
“Attorney Chris Porreca is friendly, knowledgeable and highly responsive. He delivered exactly what was promised and got great results.”- Linda