Skip to Content Top
Drunk Driver Accidents Your Case Becomes My Mission & Every Mission Is Possible

Hit by a Drunk Driver?

Get Help From a Car Accident Lawyer in Morris County, NJ

What should you do if you've been hit by a drunk driver? Should you let your insurance company handle the settlement? Will it be enough if you or a loved one has been seriously injured? The first step you should take is to hire an experienced Morris County personal injury lawyer from my team at The Law Offices of Christopher G. Porreca, P.C.

Insurance companies do not work for you. It's tempting to negotiate with your insurance company and that of the other driver by yourself. They'll be fair, right? Unfortunately, insurance companies like to settle quickly and may offer you much less than you need for property damage, medical expenses, and lost income.

Don't sign anything. Don't agree to anything before you consult with an attorney. If you've been hit by a drunk driver, contact me, at (973) 828-0009 for a free initial consultation.

You’ve Got the Law on Your Side

New Jersey law is getting serious about drunk drivers. Bars and restaurants are liable for money damages if they serve an obviously intoxicated patron (.08 blood alcohol level or higher) who gets into a car crash after leaving their establishment. These establishments get into more trouble if they serve liquor of any kind to a minor. If you were injured by a drunk driver, my law firm would hold them responsible for additional money damages and for illegal liquor sales. As the victim of an alcohol related car accident, you also have the right to file a claim with the Victims of Crime Compensation Board or VCCB. We can help you do that and will stand by you throughout the legal process.

Claiming the Compensation You Deserve

If you have been injured as a result of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accident, my experienced team can investigate your case thoroughly. We can explore additional sources of compensation, looking at the insurance held by the intoxicated driver.

In the event that the driver has no insurance, we go back to your insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage. We explore every compensation option if you have been hit by a drunk driver. If the drunk driver has some insurance, but not enough to cover your expenses, we can pursue underinsured motorist coverage through your own automobile insurance. Our entire focus is getting you the money you need to put your life back together again. If you have been hit by a drunk driver, you can hold him or her accountable. With Attorney Christopher G. Porreca as your advocate, you can pursue a fair settlement and feel proud again.

Contact me today to learn more about your legal options!

Why Choose My Firm

  • Your Future Matters
    I work personally and promptly to help reduce, acquit, or dismiss your charges.
  • Your Rights Matter
    I handle criminal defense, family law, and personal injury cases to ensure satisfactory results.
  • Your Freedom Matters
    I use my 25 years of experience to make sure you do not feel the heavy hand of the law.
  • Your Satisfaction Matters
    I have earned the Avvo Client's Choice Award for the year of 2020.
Why Hire Me

Ways Our Firm Can Help You

My Clients Have a Story and a Voice See What They Are Saying About Me
"I can't thank him enough for his guidance and reassurance throughout this situation."

Mr. Porreca represented me in a DWI case and went above and beyond to help me resolve my situation. The process itself was ...

- Megan