Christopher G. Porreca - Attorney Profile
Parsippany Criminal Defense Lawyer
Christopher G. Porreca is an attorney who practices criminal defense, juvenile criminal defense, municipal court defense, DWI defense, personal injury, landlord/tenant, school bullying and general litigation. He serves all of northern New Jersey from Middlesex County to Warren County. Mr. Porreca's goal is getting clients the best results for the most reasonable fees. Originally from Montville, New Jersey, Mr. Porreca graduated from Montville Township High School in 1989.
As an undergraduate at Franklin & Marshall College in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, Mr. Porreca studied geology and played on the college rugby team. He is also a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity. After earning his Bachelor's Degree, Mr. Porreca attended the Paralegal Studies Program at Fairleigh Dickinson University in Madison, New Jersey. After working as a paralegal for two years, Mr. Porreca decided to pursue a J.D. and attended the Widener University School of Law in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
During his first year of law school, Mr. Porreca was accepted into the school's Law Review, The Widener Journal of Public Law, demonstrating his dedication to excellence as a law student. During his third year of law school, he was chosen to be on the journal's Editorial Board. Likewise, during his tenure, two of his articles were published.
After graduating from law school in 1998, Mr. Porreca went on to pass both the New York and New Jersey Bar exams and was able to waive into the bar of the District of Columbia.
Mr. Porreca began his legal career in Livingston, New Jersey, working for Morgan, Melhuish, Monaghan, Arvidson, Abrutyn & Lisowsky. Here, he practiced personal injury defense, representing policy holders accused of causing accidents. He next worked for Marshall, Dennehy, Warner, Coleman & Goggin in Roseland, focusing on architectural and engineering malpractice defense.
Next, he worked for Hoberman, Resh, DiPiazza & Driscoll. Instead of helping institutional clients, he learned to give legal assistance to the "man on the street" – representing individuals instead of institutions. Here, Mr. Porreca practiced municipal court and criminal defense, plaintiffs' personal injury cases and matrimonial litigation.
In 2003, Mr. Porreca opened his own practice and continues to help clients with criminal, municipal court and DWI matters, juvenile criminal matters, along with personal injury, bullying, landlord/tenant and general litigation.
Recent cases include several DWI matters where he was able to obtain dismissals or significant downgrades for his clients; felony-level offenses which were downgraded to misdemeanors and sent back to municipal court; and favorable plea offers in serious criminal cases. Mr. Porreca has settled multiple six-figure personal injury cases and works with several other firms on complex matters.
Year Joined Organization
- New Jersey, 1998
- New York, 1999
- District of Columbia, 1999
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1998
- Widener University School of Law, Wilmington, Delaware, 1998 J.D.
- Law Review: Widener University Law Review, External Manager Editor
- Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania, 1993 B.A.
- Honors: Member, Kappa Sigma Fraternity Major: Geology
- Fairleigh Dickenson University, Madison, New Jersey Paralegal Studies Program
Honors and Awards
- Avvo Clients' Choice Award - Criminal Defense, 2014-2020
- Selected for inclusion the Super Lawyers® list published by Thomson Reuters as a "Rising Star" for lawyers under 40 in New Jersey, 2006 - 2011
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Morris County Bar Association Member
- American Association for Justice
- American Trial Lawyers Association - New Jersey
Past Employment Positions
- Morgan, Melhuish, Monaghan, Arvidson, Abrutyn & Lisowski, Associate, 1999 - 2001
- Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland & Perretti
- Marshall, Dennehey, Warner, Coleman & Goggin
- Hoberman, Resch, DiPiazza & Driscoll
- Kappa Sigma
I work personally and promptly to help reduce, acquit, or dismiss your charges.
I handle criminal defense, family law, and personal injury cases to ensure satisfactory results.
I use my 25 years of experience to make sure you do not feel the heavy hand of the law.
I have earned the Avvo Client's Choice Award for the year of 2020.